- FTSE 100 closing price of 7305.29, +0.4%
- FTSE closes above 7,300 for the first time since Feb 2020
- IAG trades higher after earnings
- Travel & Leisure sector benefits from Pfizer pill
- Nonfarm Payrolls smashes expectations, upward revisions
- GBP trades lower for the second day after BoE surprise
- Oil ends week on a high
- Cryptocurrencies steady heading into the weekend
By Samuel Indyk
Investing.com – The edged higher on Friday and closed above 7,300 for the first time since February 2020 as strong and a less hawkish than expected on Thursday continue to support UK stocks.
British Airways parent IAG (LON:) was one of the better-performing stocks in the UK after the company reported earnings pre-market. The airline recorded a loss of €452 million in the third quarter but sounded cautiously optimistic on the return of transatlantic travel in the coming months.
“The reopening of the transatlantic